Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Binge Podcast Recommendations


Ever since getting into the podcast world, I have a control problem. If there are X episodes all lined up in my podcast app then why not just binge listen to them all and avoid grocery shopping, laundry, and personal hygiene. The fact that I have to wait for a week or two between new episodes makes me respond in 2 very distinct ways. 

1) Have something to look forward to. This is the best case scenario.
2) Get really angry that they aren't ready and scheme all sorts of ways that I will be able to survive till the next release.This is the normal scenario.

When Serial came out and made the bi-weekly announcement, it came close to ruining my day. Okay, well no it didn't ruin my day, but Sarah was definitely on my bad list for the rest of that very boring treadmill run. 

 So I wanted to recommend two podcasts that I've listened to in their entirety and would recommend to you. These both, just so happen, to be different kinds of podcasts than most of what I listen to. My MO is normally crime, mystery, running, and non-fiction, but these are a bit different. They are both short. Both fiction and mystery-y. Both a little science fiction (absolutely not my normal go to). And both very entertaining. You can easily finish each of these series in a weekend or with a marathon cleaning session. 

"The Message is a science fiction podcast co-produced by Panoply and GE Podcast Theater following the weekly reports and interviews from Nicky Tomalin, who is covering the decoding of a message from outer space received 70 years ago.[1] Over the course of 8 weeks, listeners follow a team of top cryptologists as they attempt to decipher, decode, and understand the alien message." Via

Ten years ago, over three hundred men, women and children disappeared from a small town in Tennessee, never to be heard from again.
In this seven-part podcast, American Public Radio host Lia Haddock asks the question once more, "What happened to the people of Limetown?"

Do you have any favorite podcasts? I'm always looking for recommendations!
-S

3 comments:

  1. my husband recently started listening to podcasts but i can't remember the name...most of them is similar to "myth busters" or like "the science of....". in other words, lame LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh for a second i thought limetown was for real and i was like WHAT. haha but then i remembered you said fiction. the reason i don't like podcasts is because of the waiting, and also because.. well, i just prefer audiobooks haha. if you're a podcast fan, have you tried audiobooks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to listen to LIMETOWN! I love Serial too but I was much more interested in last season's story, maybe because of my husband's past Army career. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete