Monday, February 8, 2016

Motivation on a Monday

Today is a good day for a good day, faux gold foil, inspirational art, printable wall art, bedroom decor, office art, motivational art:

There are a lot of mini-projects spinning around my head right now and I'm not sure if all the ideas are motivating or debilitating, so in an effort to increase the chances of getting anything done I'm going to call it motivating. I don't know how successful my mind tricks on myself will be, but I'm hoping to focus extra energy on these three mini-projects until the end of the month.

1) 5k Pace- 

Normally before I finish a race I plan out my next one to continue the momentum/motivation. Obviously there wasn't a ton of forward thinking with the most recent race and when I got to the finish line I didn't have any set plans on what would be next. This weekend I ventured out to a local free 5k race and breezed through it. When it was over I realized that I hadn't actually worked that hard and didn't push myself. There was no huffing and puffing or need for water at the end- it was actually pretty anti-climactic. I ended up placing second in my age division with an 8:17 pace, but I would really like to focus on speed this month and see where that can get me. As a distance runner my normal routine is to tack on the miles, but this month I want to push my limits and try to actually get faster. I have some fun speed workouts that I hope to mix into my  normal routine to shave off some seconds!

2) Office Face Lift- 


notebook-supplies
When I started my new job in June it went from 0 to 100 really quickly. I never really got settled into my office and these days it is just a big mess. It is cluttered with Staples' orders, boxes of historical information that I haven't even opened yet, and the odd workout sock here and there. None of this is particularly conducive to creating a calming space; I feel a little bit like a document hoarder with no taste. I want to really spruce up the space with pictures and some homey touches, but my goal for this month is to just organize my office. After the clean up is done... then I hope to use this as inspiration. 

3)Spring Cleaning (Or Trying to Find the Floor) Closet Edition-

Just like I moved into the office full force, my closet is in some serious need of some TLC. There are legit boxes that haven't been unpacked and my shoe collection exists in a suitcase simply laid open on the floor. Andrew's closet on the other hand is perfectly organized where you can even see the color of the carpet. I can't let him win that moral victory especially since we used to have to share a tiny closet in California that was responsible for 90% of our bickering. I hope to  knockout donating clothes I don't wear anymore and organizing the space well enough to actually locate my clothes on a daily basis.

For the shortest month of the year I'm hoping that time is friendly to my to do list. 
-S 

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning! My family and I are moving right at the end of this month and then I start my new job shortly after so it is going to be one heck of a ride for us this month! I hope February is good to both of us!!- Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. purging your closet is a pain but once it's done, it feels so good to look at it! it's also fun once you get into it (buying organizing stuff etc). post about it please!! we bloggers love a good organizing/purging post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really got settled into my office either. I have it half decorated and people always ask me when I'm going to "finish moving in" LOL! Good luck on your Feb goals! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your february goals - this month always runs away from me because it's so short, but in reality only by like 2 days haha! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to share your speed training tips! I'm on a mission for a sub 28:30 5K time (somewhere around a 9:10/mile pace). I'm also on a mission to clean out my closet buuuuuut I keep putting it off. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have been cleaning out closets, rooms, the garage, etc for the past couple weekends and I can honestly say that dropping off a huge load at Goodwill this past weekend felt SO GOOD! Now I feel so much more organized and like I could MAYBE shop a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeahhhh i can't see the carpet in my closet, or the wall behind the clothes... but you can in KC's lol. I really just need like a day or weekend where i can organise and purge all the things, but then i get overcome with lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to clean out my closet too! I don't know where to start. But it's definitely a must!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Re-organizing always makes me feel a ton better in and of itself! I'm all about an office makeover. We spend so much time at work... might as well enjoy our surroundings as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I hope you share some of your speed workouts! I think I prefer long distance but it's SO fun to run 5ks like a speed demon every now and then. I've got some serious distance on the horizon this year but I'd like to sneak in a 5k I can race at some point.
    Our closet needs a little help too, and I really need to clean out my makeup and skincare drawers. I don't even know what's in there so that's a sign that it probably needs to go.

    ReplyDelete