Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Last 5 Google Searches

+*

I don't know if this is a horrible idea or an awesome one, but I got the hankering on a long run about sharing the things that we all hope no one sees. For me- it is the google search. I get hives when I think about IT coming to look at my computer for whatever deadly error I've managed to do to my digital appendage. There is no doubt a plethora of mindless google searches and they are going to take back my internet privileges for googling one million times how many cups are in a quart. 

So in case you haven't guessed it yet, I'm sharing a sampling of my recent googles.Yes, that is right- I do use google as a verb and I'm proud of it. Okay, proud is not exactly the right word, but I have accepted it as truth. So below is a sampling of the google searches that I'm not too proud to share.

1) Trip Adviser Thailand Accommodations
Image result for trip advisor
Well now that the Thailand cat is out of the bag, my fingers are sore from the insane amount of trip planning googling going on. We just heard word from a pair of our friends from California who are living in Singapore now that they will be joining us for the beach bum part of our vacation. I think I found the perfect spot for us to stay at. Teaser- it is only reachable by long boat and there are tree houses (and monkeys). I can't wait to share where we end up staying!

2) 8 Minute Abs

Via
Okay, so this one is embarrassing. I don't think that anyone can actually get abs in 8 minutes, but I just wanted to do a quick workout where someone else was pushing me... It is easier to be mad at them than at yourself. Anyone (even I) can get through 8 minutes.

3) Guidelines for Deducting Student Loan Payment Interest on Taxes
 See, I did google one adult thing! The good news, I now know the answer. The bad news, tax season is on the way. Pretty much like the boogie man.

4)ARGH!
 Okay, so that wasn't EXACTLY what I googled, but while looking through our credit card statements we noticed some fraudulent charges. After googling the global office supplies company, I was pretty darn sure that neither of us purchased any industrial desks as a surprise gift. 

5)Map My Run

Have you used this before? It is pretty awesome. I use it all the time when I want to pre-measure a distance to make sure I hit my distance goal. After getting a rough estimate I use my garmin and just enjoy the distance ticking by without having to stress over the exact distance of a loop around the neighborhood.

Anything embarrassing in your google history... or is that just me?
-S

5 comments:

  1. Map My Run is AWESOME. Sometimes I just want to run along without thinking of where I can add in an extra half a mile or whatever. So much less stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i havent used map my run before, interesting. i like the idea of premapping a run. my last google searches.. hm.. probably something travel related, shocking. oh and the apple store for work. lame. sorry about the fraudulent charges, so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this type of post. I recently saw one elsewhere and I think it's a great idea! I definitely want to keep track of mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that it is impossible to avoid using google as a verb. I am guilty of saying it multiple times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea for a post and one I might have to steal!! So I've been living on trip advisor for our trip next month!! Also anytime my manager asks me a question that I dont know...google to the rescue! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete