Monday, January 4, 2016

Don't You Dare Look Back


2 years ago today I was looking forward with the biggest smile and so much love in my heart that I thought it couldn't grow a smidge bigger. Today I laugh full heartedly (albeit a bigger heart) at that me. I had no idea the blessing that marriage would bring. No idea the ridiculous situations that would arise partnering with someone more rambunctious than all get out. No idea of some differences that still bewilder me (puppy parenting at its worst best). No idea that someone could be walk such a tightrope between being grounded and having their idealistic head in the sky. No idea of the endless limits of his sense of humor and imagination that this man exudes as he consistently tries to convince me our neighbor is Macklemore. No idea how much suits cost to get dry cleaned when you got the 'best' dance partner in the place doing the worm on red wine soaked floors. Very much in love, but I basically had no idea that I knew nothing although I had called this man my best friend for 14 years.

This year started with bubbly and a camping trip to one of the most breathtaking places I've ever seen, but we had no idea of the crazy ride yet to come. There was a lot of change, things in flux, and uncertainty as Andrew and I made big choices like moving back to Texas, him a business, and buying our first home.That is a lot of change. And spoiler alert change isn't the best look on me. However, my husband was a rock the whole time.

 

One of the memories I hope time never fades is when we were signing the papers on our house. I started fine- maybe even a little excited. But I went down hill quick. The cold sweats came. My breathing got short. I winced as every signature on the one million legal documents we had to sign felt like I was holding a knife instead of a pen. I downed a bottle of water in record speed. I downed another bottle of water even faster. I pleaded for a flask of anything or absolutely everything.  And I was decently certain that we wouldn't make it out of the title company alive. My very teary and overwhelmed eyes looked across the table at Andrew and he literally couldn't sit still with excitement- at one point he was hopping on one foot. The man couldn't sign the papers quick enough. He was overjoyed, so steadfast in our decision, and ready for this next step. 

Like he always is. 

 Jackie Ray Photography

I learn so much from Andrew as he doesn't consider looking back, but always looks for the future- so darn sure that it will work out okay. 2 years doesn't feel like a long time, but thank God for that. We have so much life left to live and adventures to go on together.

Thanks for the past 2 years, I'll take a lifetime more please.
-S


8 comments:

  1. First of all - stunning wedding photos!! Wishing you two many more years of happiness!! Happy anniversary! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures!! happy anniversary and wishing you both a life time of more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful sentiment! Such a beautiful couple! And SO glad to have you back in Texas! Wishing you God's richest blessings, Momma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. For only two years of marriage, you've told and lived a pretty good story! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! You sound like perfect complements to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of change but what an adventure. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete