Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Cards Part 1

Sometimes I laugh at my own antics. Full on chuckle when I realize that the crazy lady is actually me. This happened recently. The spark notes are: Christmas cards, couch, and Cal- but of course I'm going to share the full details in good time.

I will set up the story with my love affair to Christmas cards. Last year, I arm wrestled Andrew into agreeing to send Christmas cards. Now it does feels pretty silly to mail out a photo of just the two of us, but wedding photos make you want to do weird things. So we sent out Christmas cards that I thought were beautiful!
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg



They were postcards (cheaper) with a little message on the back and I rounded the corners to make them feel a little extra special. Admittedly, it still felt a little weird to send them out, but I love Christmas cards so much that I threw reason to the wind.

This year I wanted to do something similar, but it was no longer just the two of us. WE HAVE A DOG! Ok, I guess it is still kinda weird to send a picture of 2 grown adults and a weiner dog, but whatever. A nice postcard with us and Cal in our new house where we could share the adventures of this past year  would be sufficient for my Christmas card adoration.So I went on the hunt for a postcard that was a bit modern and understated on the world wide web of Christmas cards. There were a ton of options that I loved, but not many postcards. I guess people aren't as cheap/ don't mind buying real stamps. Alas, still I pressed on and found what I thought would be great paired with a photo of the three of us nestled on an armchair in our living room. Time was running short for the Cyber Monday deals (literally the only thing we bought on either Cyber Monday or Black Friday), so instead of waiting for someone to be able to pop in and take a photo, I got the great idea of self timer. At 6pm on probably the busiest Christmas card day of the year. Nothing like living on the edge.

My photography skills ALREADY need some work, so why I thought a self timer with the two of us and a darn dog would work is beyond my understanding. However, it led to some funny images. 

Which you will need to hold your breath for until part 2...
-S

Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg
Displaying CKCallig_ChristmasCard_Kulha_Front_Bleed.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I can't get the pictures in this post to work on my computer! I'm not sure what's wrong, but I am very sure that they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete