Tuesday, December 29, 2015

And We Are Back!

Christmas 2015, y'all, it was a doozie.


A while back ago I promised a post on Christmas cards, but a combo of some technical difficulties, late shipping, user error (whoops, me) and the fact that it is AFTER Christmas I said nah to creating more work. Here is a quick snap of our card this year while we were visiting a tiny island off the coast of Southern Chile where tens and tens and tens and a whole boat load of penguins return to mate each year. The stench was unbearable. BUT LOOK AT THOSE FLIPPING PENGUINS! Too cute. So while it was a reveal fail on the blogger front, I decided to forego the fight with my computer and settle for an iphone pic (yes, Andrew IS laying on the floor reading in the corner of the shot because we are adults?).

Anyways, penguins were not present at our 80 degree Christmas this year, but it was one to remember. There was perfect lil baby E. There were too many family members to count. There was laughter as a form of cardio. There was a puppy (ours in case anyone did NOT doubt our puppy raising skillz) eating the contents of a diaper. There were about 281038492 inches added to my waistline (or subtracted from my pants... one of the other). There was joy, and fun, and love, and so much more.

I wanted to pop in and say hey as I'm slowly trying to detox, make some New Years Resolutions, and plan the fun that is in store for 2016. I also wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who read this and share a bit of your time with me. 

I hope that you had a wonderful and joyous holiday season with those that you love and feel energized for another great year. 

-S


6 comments:

  1. hope you had a great holiday!! hard to believe that it's pretty much over :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh penguins - how cute!!! So glad to hear you had a great holiday - even if it was warm LOL! Enjoy the rest of the year dear!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. penguins!! so cute. here's to 2016! and that waistline going back down lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha love the penguin photo! It's so hard getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. At least you know it was worth it celebrating so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great holiday! Enjoy the last week of 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the penguins! Hope you have a fabulous New Year & can't wait to read more of your blog in 2016!

    ReplyDelete