Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Recent Pinterest Wins

It has been a few months since divulging to the internet at large the wins and losses of Pinterest, but have no fear. Today is your lucky day. I love seeing what is on everyone else's plates and getting recommendations from them about what of the picture perfect Pinterest world is worth my grocery dollars. And I take my grocery budget very seriously.

One million ingredients- meh, I don't like cutting things that much. 
A lot of spices- if I don't use it often, I probably just will not buy it.
Expensive ingredients- laughable.
Something probably delicious, but deep fried to high heavens- I have to be able to button my pants to go to work, so no.

High standards in this house. The five recipes below, however, are major winners. Good enough to be put on a regular rotation and all of them are a little fun; not just your average everyday frozen pizza perfectly balanced meal. So without further ado, here are some of my most recent Pinterest wins.

Great! Learn how to make this super Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma, plus an out of this world garlic sauce and prepare your own chicken shawarma wraps. Beats takeout or fast food!:

Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Schwarma


Oh so good. I kinda picked this recipe out of the blue, but man was it delicious. I didn't use as much olive oil as the recipe called for, but it was finger licking good. The lemon really made the chicken pop and I cannot wait to make this again.

Delish! Tabbouleh Salad - a traditional refreshing tabbouleh salad featuring bulgur wheat, tomatoes, cucumber and loads of parsley and mint dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.:

Tabbouleh Salad


This one was a tag-along to the recipe above, but man it was delicious. I used the leftovers for lunch later in the week and it was filling as well as tasty. I added onions because... I love them and it was a great easy dinner dish.

Thanksgiving Side Dish: Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries (and maple syrup). YUM!:

Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries

This I actually made last night for dinner and for selfish reasons. I wanted to test run a new recipe for Thanksgiving... Before the actual holiday! To me this one is a winner. Sweet and savory and I  love me some Brussel Sprouts. Try it!


20-Minute Spicy Sriracha Shrimp and Zucchini Lo Mein - everyone loves this quick and easy meal!:

20 Minute Spicy Sriracha Shrimp w/ Lo Mein


Someone recommended this to me and it was great! 20 minutes- perfect. Spicy (I also added a lot of heat)- perfect. And awesome leftovers- even more perfect. I added a ton of veggies to really fill out the meal and it was a great, easy weeknight meal.
Good! Try again- houston humidity made a little thick. Learn how to make homemade naan (Indian flatbread) with this simple and delicious recipe! | gimmesomeoven.com:

Homemade Naan


So I made this to go with a homemade Chicken Tikka Masala (not that noteworthy) and it was so nice and comforting. I will say the texture is different than what I think of as naan, but the flavor is great! I want to keep working on it to make more fluffy for now, but it was still pretty tasty.

Do you have any favorite Pinterest recipes? Send them my way!
-S

9 comments:

  1. Everything here is making me drool! I LOVE tabbouleh salad but never though to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many great pinterest wins - but I've never tried the ones you shared - hello naan bread!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo naan....my favourite. i could eat naan and butter chicken all day errday but wah! i don't eat grains!!

    that said, i'm a huge fan of crockpot recipes because like you, i don't like a long, tedious food prep or crazy, expensive ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting my healthy juices flowing!! This all looks/sounds yummy :) My aunt actually makes Tabbouleh whenever we eat dinner together. It's interesting but it's pretty good and super healthy!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable. So rare to find someone else who loves them. Them with butternut squash is such a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never had great homemade tikka. womp. but oh my gosh, naan. i could eat that alllllllll day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That salad looks delicious. It looks like something you'd get at Panera! And I've never had a Naan but it looks so yummy! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I want that chicken schwarma. It looks so good. I just started following you on instagram. I have tons of pinned recipes :)

    ReplyDelete