Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My 'How To Not Burn Dinner' Drink Recipe


 
 
I have a confession to make. I love to host people. I love having a reason (urgent... usually) to clean our home. I love trying my hand to make delicious things. I love bringing people together where we can all laugh and eat too much. So naturally one of my favorite ways to play adult is hosting friends for dinner.

However, that is not my confession.

My confession is that is that hosting people makes me a spaz. I normally leave all the hard things to the last minute. Hard things being anything I don't want to do. I have completely nonsensical ideas on the cleanliness I will actually achieve compared to the state of our house on a daily basis. And it is pretty much a miracle if something isn't burnt. I stress sweat. I snap at people. I am generally un-delightful. Talk about being the hostess with the mostess.

Well this past weekend we hosted a couple of friends for a carbo load dinner (for our non-race race)  and I didn't burn anything! Not only did I not burn anything, but we were ready with time to spare for their arrival. AND I was dressed with eyeliner on before they showed up at the door. That trifecta is basically mind numbingly shocking for what normally happens. Part of me thinks that we are finally getting the hang of adult things and part of me says 'nah, you just made yourself a pretty delicious pre-company drink to get yourself together.' Either one I will take.

 
And if it is in fact the 'pre-company drink thing' that made me a better than (my) normal host, then I will go ahead and take 2 of 'em. You see, I often like to fancy up a drink for the two of us before that doorbell rings things get too hectic. And this, with the random ingredients of our fridge was a winner.
 
I will call it:

 

How To Not Burn Dinner Drink


2 oz. Cointreau (or Triple Sec)

Limeade to Taste

Freshly Squeezed Grape Fruit Juice 

Ice

Mint to Finish

 

Start with the Cointreau and add as much limeade as you wish. Add ice then the grapefruit juice (creates a pretty layer of pink on top). Throw some mint leaves in and then go have yourself a party!

 
This was delicious and refreshing during what normally is the crazy countdown to arrival. Only bad spot? I had to finish it before our guests arrived!
 
Any favorite and easy drink recipes you like?
-S

8 comments:

  1. Sangria is usually my go to make drink because I love wine and it's easy. I'm going to have to try your recipe it looks so refreshing! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great drink! I usually just stick with wine or a beer... unless we're talking brunch and then it's a Bellini ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so good! i'm the same with leaving things, especially cleaning, to the last minute. my house is never as clean as when people are about to come over lol. my favourite drink right now is something i used to drink as an 18 year old, haha. malibu and pineapple juice. delish and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds super refreshing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet it would be a yummy slushy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delish and so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing and pretty simple to do. I'll have to try it!

    XO Ellen from Ask Away Blog
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing lights a fire under my butt like when people are about to come over. I try to invite people at least a few times a month just so that I can get motivated to really clean my house. Just kidding. But it really helps!

    ReplyDelete