Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy 100!


Break out the champagne and sprinkle those cupcakes today folks... ok not necessary, I just way into the celebrating! This marks the 100th piece of my mind that I have released into the intrawebs. It seems like just yesterday (and a million years ago at the same time) that I hit publish on my first post. Oh yeah and once I hit publish I was terrified. Between now and then a lot of things have changed, but don't you worry the typos are here in all their glory. 


I want to say a big ole internet thank you for visiting my small slice of the world wide web. I've really loved getting to know so many of you and had NO idea what I was getting into.


To celebrate in true bloggy fashion (don't worry this is SO not becoming a fashion blog), I thought I would share some of my favorite posts of the last 100.


I thought that this would be a blog documenting travel, so I do have a soft spot in my heart for our Chilean adventure recaps. Andrew and I spent part of last March trekking across a national park in Southern Chile. It was an adventure, it was hilarious, and there was way too much dehydrated food. Too long on that junk and your body basically becomes a wasteland. No need for further explanation.

We also shared the fact that we were moving cross country from CA to Texas! After 5 years making that our home, being here in Houston just feels right. There were definitely difficult goodbyes, but we are thankful for the time, memories, and friends there. The good news is- instead of spending all our money flying back to Texas, we hope to do a CA trip in the not too distant future. 

Once we got here, we didn't quite have a here to stay in. Family graciously let us stay with them, but finding our own home was a priority. Actually it wasn't a priority, it was pretty much the only thing we did. Weekends, weeknights, weekdays, I'm not convinced there were many homes left that we didn't see. We were thrilled to finally sign those papers and become homeowners

To pay for that home, I had to get a new job after leaving one I loved in CA. The job is great, but some of the requirements to get that job brought out my inner crazy. Ever think that you are the only one with irrational fears? I stand in solidarity with you all. 

It would be rude to not include my writing assistant, aka lap dog, aka#2 Cal. Andrew and I made our family a family of 3 with the addition of one very special pup. Which, by the way, made some of the other pups not too pleased.

Some of my favorite posts are when I got emotional. I'm emotional enough on a daily basis, but all the new faces and changes happening around here have made me very grateful.

In particular, I loved writing this post about meeting the most perfect person (not biased) for the first time. I never thought that seeing my sister become a mom would make my world stop, but that new dynamic family is too sweet for words.


And then my best friend had to make me get all teary eyed thinking of her tying the knot in a few short months. I swear all these things just make my heart want to explode. I'm so excited for her and the joy that this will bring to their lives. 

Oh and not all the home buying/renovating stuff was as tiresome as I made it out to be. I did love this Board and Batten post that shows the good, the bad, and the ugly of our experience. I have had a ton of fun sharing the progress around the house. Honest progress, as seen in this DIY or Die post. 

Having this place to share also made me try a couple new things. One of my favorite has been No Waste August, an attempt at wasting no produce/food for the month. 

Or the time that we spent the weekend scuba diving.

Winter is Coming - Brace Yourself The Long Run Is Coming
Or the many times that I have spent way too much time and energy worrying about running. There have been some ups and downs trying to acclimate into the weather and get my mental game back on point.  

So there you have it. 100 posts whittled down to a few favorites. Thanks for the past 100 and I hope to see you around for the next 100.

-S

12 comments:

  1. happy 100! woo hoo! congrats on that! loved the best of posts and memories you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100 posts girl!! So happy I found your blog! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! I really enjoy reading your blog. It is brutally honest which is something I love. You have a fan in me... Have a great day
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post girl! Such an accomplishment! Cheers to 100+ more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Happy 100 posts babe♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for 100! I love this recap post!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 100 posts. A lot of good things packing into those 100 posts. The pup is adorable and still swooning over your dining room make over. I like the idea of the no waste month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a couple posts away from 100! So funny that we are on the same pace. I was definitely planning a celebratory post too hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot, Woot! I remember finding you right around the same time I started my blog. You are a few posts ahead of me. Such a great milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 100 posts! That's awesome and milestone! Found you from Rose and off to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete