Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Currently 9.9.15

Not too much thrilling going on, so I thought I would treat you to IT ALL! You lucky ducks, you. Here is a quick snap shot of the thrilling life day to day happenings...

Reading


A good friend of mine sent this book along my way and I must say it was such a relief. I just finished The Good Girl (despised by the way) and needed something to fill that next book slot. I love to read what friends recommend because it is such a nice way to get to know them better. I know that I can get really self conscious when recommending books because WHAT IF THEY ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. Alas, these are not big problems.

Eating

20-Minute Spicy Sriracha Shrimp and Zucchini Lo Mein - everyone loves this quick and easy meal!:
From another friend's recommendation, we made this Spicy Sirrachi Shrimp and Zuchinni Lo Mein recipe on Monday night and it was DELICIOUS! Since I have never met a vegetable I don't like, I added peppers, carrots, jalapenos, and water chestnuts (a google search told me this was an aquatic vegetable) to the mix and it was easy and filling! I would definitely recommend you giving this dish a try! 

Spiralized Cucumber & Carrot Noodle Salad  - it only takes 5 minutes to make this refreshing and healthy summer salad with tangy rice vinegar and nutty sesame seeds.:
I'm trying this little side salad for dinner tonight. Don't know if it will be as tasty, but I sure do love using my zoodle maker.

Missing


I definitely miss being at ND; it was a great but, too-short-yet-actually-long weekend. I'm also really missing my training motivation. I skipped a long run being out of town last weekend and just haven't found the energy and enthusiasm I had for my training before. I always feel so much better when I take the time to work out my excess energy, but sometimes being a slug is so much more enjoyable. So in case you find my mojo, please send it back.

Listening


It only takes me like a year to jump on the bandwagon, but I am digging Welcome to Night Vale. Since Serial isn't on and Undisclosed is getting a little wearing as of late, it is nice to find something new and completely different. I also just cancelled our Audible subscription... so I really need to find more podcasts that I like... SUGGESTIONS?!?

Working On

Lots of house projects. We got some great work done on our board and batten dining room done on Monday and I just clicked the take-all-my-money-button on an awesome light fixture and rug for the space. I can't wait to see how it turns out in a few short weeks... fingers crossed that is a few short weeks. There was a mildly embarrassing moment this weekend when we ran into some acquaintances of ours at the dog park and I had blue paint in my hair and Andrew had it from his fingers to his elbows. The embarrassing part was we didn't know... paint, primer, dry wall patching has become all too run of the mill in our home.

We are also in the throes of doing a budget re haul at our house. I know it may be very odd, but I love budgeting. I enjoy trying to fit all the pieces of what is coming in, what are we saving for, what do we need to spend $ on, and what would we like to spend on to make an equation for what our financial life will look like. Having a guide makes me feel confident with what we are saving away for (hopefully a far away) rainy day as well as feeling comfortable enjoying where our money goes on a daily basis. With so many changes (new jobs/ side biz/ first time home buyers) there are a lot of moving parts, so I like tinkering here and there and tracking money coming in and out. 

Dreaming

20 Travel Mountains of Thailand

Got a couple big dreams in the works with new things on the horizons in terms of travel and some other odds and ins. When we were headed home after this weekend, however, it was such a great thought to know that instead of headed back across the country by ourselves we were going to be near family. Obviously (I have the puffy eyes to prove it) I miss my sister, bro-in-law, and that perfect baby girl, but we hope to get up there and to my sister-in-law more than before. And we still have our sights set on (fingers crossed) to Thailand for 2016.

Anything exciting and or currently happening in your neck of the woods?
-S


5 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to make that recipe stat - it looks so good!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always get super self conscious when i recommend books as well - it breaks my heart when people hate a book i loved! beautiful ruins is on my list :) that shrimp lo mein looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Beautiful Ruins. It's such a fantastic story! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your board and batten! And I totally know the feeling of going out in public with paint on. I always get it all over myself when painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL i'm the same way when recommending books. i recommended The Martian to my SVP at work and he's super picky and can be a real dick when he wants to but he LOVED IT and couldn't stop talking about it (whew!)

    ReplyDelete