Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Why I'm Not Trendy Enough For A White Rug

Well folks, today it happened. I left for work smooth sailing with no puppy cries to darken my morning. As I walked down to the street to hop on the metro with my freshly-pressed-french-press-coffee in tote, I was so smug to think, 'wow, Cal is okay with being at home now.' I even went so far to share with my coworker how good Cal (and his brother/ my sister's dog who is staying with us) had done this morning. It must have been my superior puppy training and assortment of toys/treats scattered around the house. I foolishly walked on K-9 cloud nine. I was wrong. I was so wrong. I regret everything I have ever thought.

You've seen this not finished photo before (oh hey price tags on things and slouchy couch cushions), but here you can see the RIP white rug
For when my lovely husband got home, we didn't have two pups waiting for us. We had two gardeners covered head to toe in dirt, mulch, and some mud from our rain storm last night. Oh, but I can't blame them! They tried to get the mud off of their adorable, cuddly little bodies. They rolled and rolled on the white living room rug to make sure they were fresh as daisies for when we came home. (Insert expletive here).

I see some guilty faces...


No, I'm not trendy enough to have a white rug in our home. I don't know why I spent so much time convincing myself that I was. Or looking lovingly at the nice white rug, in our nice downtown home thinking that I had a sliver of hope about being on point with my choice. I don't know why I pin endless amounts of projects and decor for this stylish house when I know that my little gardener pup is going to sabotage my life. I am bound to live in squalor.

Ok, I recant all of what I just said. It is more than ok that the rug is a little blackened AND that the dandy french press I love so much spills on the countertop every morning AND that we haven't bothered to put the outlet covers back on upstairs AND that the pile of boxes in the corner of the living room remains untouched. This is our house and our mess lives there too. Annoying as it may be it makes me feel grateful for all the things happening right now (gratitude for another post). That squirmy, dirty little guy is just one wrinkle in our messy lives, but I love him.

So tonight calls for some bleach (for the rug, not Cal), some vacuuming, and flipping through that puppy training book a couple more times. Anyone have any cleaning tips out there? You could really help a gal out.

-S



11 comments:

  1. White is definitely hard to keep clean, but there are tons of other colored options that are just as chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I would have just sat and cried lol. I have no idea what to try on the white rug other than maybe a dry cleaner but I'm sure you could find some furniture stain remover for the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! I can see why white is so hard to keep clean and it looked so pretty, but I can see so many other colors fitting that space too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! Hope you are able to get it cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha they look so guilty in that photo!! I would suggest putting your rug out in the direct sun once you wet-clean it. I heard the rays of the sun do wonders for getting stains out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at those innocent faces, I suspect that they were framed! Someone else did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! That's the worst! I thought we could have a white duvet and was also sadly mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable are those little guilty faces! I can't imagine how frustrating that was, but hoping you have good luck in getting it cleaned :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am never going to have anything white in my house. or black lol. i have a white cat, a black cat and a grey cat. their hair is on everything, not to mention occasional accidents. they don't look as guilty (or adorable) as those dogs though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh. I would have a heart attack! I hope you can get all the dirt out. lol. at least the pups are cute. that helps

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no! I can't do white either - that would be a complete disaster. I don't know how people with these all white kitchens & such keep things clean!

    ReplyDelete