Thursday, July 9, 2015

More of a Magpie Than an Inspiration Board

I love when those crafty bloggers post perfectly matched inspiration board, color swatches, and 'moods' of what their homes look like. Love it. However, if there is one thing I know about myself it is that I'm more of a magpie than a chic designer. I see something, I love it, I keep it forever. I find something I like, deem that it is necessary, then keep it for a while before finding a new must have item.

What I would like to say is that....
Via
But in actuality, I'm more of a hoarder.
extreme hoarding buried alive animated GIF
Via
A hoarder of beautiful, meaningful little things that constantly make me question my sanity. What can I say- I love having bits of personal history around at all times AND OF COURSE I need a weiner dog sculpture for my TV consul. That is just life.

I say this to inform you that this will NOT be one of those beautiful, elegant home inspiration posts. I do hope that someone would deem my home not the 100% opposite of beautiful and elegant one day (NOT TODAY- TODAY AND FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE THE HOUSE IS A LITERAL CONSTRUCTION ZONE), but I also want the house to be very comfortable for us. 

So in case you were wondering there will be no perfectly posed house pictures at the moment. No before picture of the whole because I want you to be excited (not terrified for the after), but next week we should have some more of our materials/ colors picked out. So below are 5 photos of what the house looks like at the moment. Feel free to look at these and feel good about your life. 

5 for Friday Scary House Photos! 









And a puppy picture from our vet visit!!!

Happy Friday!
-S

5 comments:

  1. Shay, these are the sweetest pictures! I get insanely jealous (and once had a toddler status meltdown) of those blog posts of perfect living quarters, when we're still working on ours -- but I think your pictures are what a home is supposed to be. The building it, and laughing in it. Knowing you made it together! Congratulations on your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's your Big Brother pick this year? I'm liking Jason, Steve and Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw the pups are just so sweet and I also need to grab a bottle of that wine!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Big Brother!!! Tell me your thoughts on everything! We need to discuss. I am loving the twin twist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! You have two dachshund pups??!! Love.

    ReplyDelete