Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Loving Life Lately

Great news- none of you will hear anymore of my tirades about how hard it is to be squatters in our childhood homes anymore BECAUSE we are officially moved in! This weekend with the help of the whole gang and an incredibly inconvenient experience with the rental truck company we are IN OUR OWN PLACE.

On Sunday, I made coffee in our own french press, we drank it out of our own mugs, walked our pup in our own neighborhood, and I even had more than the 3 pairs of shoes I've been rocking since May. It was basically life changing. It would be wrong to not mention  the dampness in my eyes and gratitude in my heart. Finally things felt so permanent and right to be remaking our life and stop living in a temporary situation. We are so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to stay with family and some of the memories that we made there we will keep forever, but it feels good to be in our home. 

And then I made a bad decision. I invited a group of girls over for drinks on day 3 of the move in madness. So I panicked and hid things in every corner of the house. I stuffed boxes in empty bathrooms, hid bags of who knows what under the stairs, and then just gave up and bought cheese instead. We got the house in decent shape and (as expected) no one cared a bit about the chaos. We ate and drank and laughed till there were tears and it felt like home.

Everything seems to be settling more. I'm loving the new job and really enjoy the challenges and opportunities there. Cal is mostly potty trained (and breaks my heart with his howls when I leave everyday). And Andrew and I have time for ourselves. Both ourselves as a couple and ourselves as individuals. I'm fully caught up on the Real Housewives and... well, that means things are on the right track.

So today has been equally glamorous with laundry and breakers breaking, but it is nice to see progress. Slowly the boxes are clearing up and we are eventually going to remember where the tupperware is stored. I am excited to do a full home tour, renovation highlight, and future project list, but we at least have a couch and a working TV. Progress is progress.

Here are a couple sneak peeks of what it looks like currently- not at all finished, but it is WAY ahead of where we were last week.

Yep, the mirror price tag and corner protectors are definitely still making an appearance.

Hello sunny yellow kitchen and renegade dog toys!

I'll be back soon with some running updates and pinterest recipe reviews... because I am making the time to run and have a kitchen to cook in. Oh the small joys in life.

Talk to you soon,
-S



9 comments:

  1. Excellent progress in making your house a home in so short amount of time. The before and after comparisons are amazing. Glad we could be landlords, movers, chefs, consultants among other roles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress in making your house a home in so short amount of time. The before and after comparisons are amazing. Glad we could be landlords, movers, chefs, consultants among other roles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your living room progress so far - it looks great! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the moved in and starting to get settled - I love your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on moving in! It looks so nice from your sneak packs. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all the positive changes! Sounds absolutely wonderful, and looks great, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Those windows in your living room are gorgeous and I like all the pops of color and how light everything feels. Genius idea with your cookbook display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on moving in! The photos you posted are gorgeous! Love the yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad to hear about the good things going on in your life! i love hearing about your move in and getting settled. hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete