Thursday, July 9, 2015

50 Books in 52 Weeks- Halfway There!

So this post is about a week and a half late, but I wanted to fill you in (and most importantly get some recommendations) for one of my 2015 New Years Resolutions! This year as one of my goals, I decided to read 50 books in 52 weeks. I'm an avid reader so it isn't thaaaaat much, but normally I fall into cycles. I will read a ton, then I will watch reality tv and let my brain go to mush for a few weeks. Then I will start reading voraciously again... until RHOC starts and I fall of the literate bandwagon. 

Via
I thought by making a number goal that I would be more consientent. That hasn't actually work that well recently with the moving/ jobbing/ DIYing/ trying to get a life-ing. BUT it does make me take a step back and try to motivate myself to finish that book. It has also been fun to try reading completely good new reads. I tried to push myself to pick up something I wanted to read at the library and then something completely randoms. Oh buddy were some of the completely random ones AWFUL. But some were good too... 


  1. The Last Pope
  2. Persuasion
  3. Inferno
  4. Amsterdam
  5. And never stop dancing
  6. The Orphan Masters Son
  7. The Jefferson Key
  8. Big Little Lies
  9. Committed
  10. The Appeal
  11. Rainy Brain, Sunny Brain
  12. Northinger Abbey
  13. Brain on Fire
  14. All the light you cannot see
  15. Running with Kenyans
  16. Red Mist
  17. Sharp Objects
  18. Vatican Waltz
  19. Secret Histories
  20. Girl on the Train
  21. Girls of atomic city
  22. Lady Susan
  23. Silent Wife
  24. Room
  25. Silent Sister
  26. Vanishing Point
  27. The Martian

So mostly now I need some help with the next half of the list! What do you recommend? A book, an author, a genre? SEND HELP!

-S

4 comments:

  1. Great job girl!!! I just finished 800 Grapes which I loved and I just started The Luckiest Girl alive - 11 pages in and already loving it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You are amazing Shay! I love to read, but I like to do it purely for fun and mainly read young adult or girly fiction. ; ) I read all of John Green's books last year and highly recommend them. If you like Hunger Games type books, I also suggest Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo you have Room on there! It's my favourite book. I still don't know how you get all this reading done while moving and renovating your house! Please send me some of your superpowers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like historical fiction? I love Kate Morton's and Sarah Jio's books. I constantly get lost in those stories!

    ReplyDelete