Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Runday 6.22.15 Plus All The Random Things


Does this pretty much sum up how you feel at the end of this weekend? I would say most definitely for me. Cali boy, the house, and Fathers Day kept us up and moving all weekend! But it was a great one! 

A lot of new stuff happened with the house, but I have a post scheduled later this week about more on that. In the meantime, I'm stockpiling homegoods, DIY supplies, and furniture like a magpie. We got the light that I was oohing and aawing over last week...

               

And went ahead and bought this chair! So we will have light and one place to sit! Sounds amazing, right? Now if we can get the other 99% of home stuff sorted, we may be able to have light, one seat, and who knows what else more. Keep your expectations low, my friends. 

World Market Pacific Blue Elliott Wingback Chair.  Also comes in Nutmeg (burnt orange).  Pacific Blue chair is more green/dusty blue/charcoal in person.
Via
 

Way more important than the chair we bought (strongly influenced by the wine tasting in World Market, I would postulate) was Fathers Day! It was so nice to be able to spend the day with both my father and Andrews. The lessons I learned from this man right there are endless, hilarious, and at times unbelievable. I'm so grateful for a father so present who handled more than his fair share of teenage angst (he had 3 daughters). In that vein, I couldn't be more thankful that Andrew's father has taught him to be the person he is today (just not in the mornings). We had a great time bringing the two clans together for brunch, too much food, and a lot of laughter. Done being mushy, I promise! 



Yet again there isn't much excitement in the Monday Runday this week. The weather gods cancelled another week of kickball and a pesty storm named Bill made short workouts, indoor workouts, and humid workouts the thing recently. This week (fingers crossed) I'm trying out a running club. PLEASE DO NOT RAIN. PLEASE DO NOT BE ONE MILLION DEGREES OUT. PLEASE LET ME HAVE SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO SHARE ABOUT THIS NEXT WEEK. I need some training motivation and momentum before I get started in a couple weeks. 

S- Treadmill miles while addicted to Undisclosed. IT IS SO GOOD!
M- 2 miles for speed + weights
T- Intervals on treadmill and stairmaster + weights
W- Fell asleep at 7pm... like a boss
Th- Lunch time workout at the fancy schmancy office... Elliptical + abs
F- Nada
S- 3.5 sweaty miles in the park with my momma. 

         

How did your weekend go? Have any fast, cheap, and easy design tips for me?
-S


2 comments:

  1. LOVE that chair and that picture with all the dogs...how do I get to be in a puppy pile?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the color of the chair - it's really show stopper! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete