Friday, June 12, 2015

Happy Birthday APK!


It is so close to being the weekend folks, but that is not all we have to celebrate around here. Someone very special has a birthday today! I'm personally not one to care much for my own birthday. I find it oddly stressful, but one of the many things that I love about Andrew is how excited he gets about birthdays. You can always count on him to find any birthday exciting; the man needs no excuse to celebrate.



Andrew and I have known each other for 13+ years now, so there have been some pretty awesome birthdays. One of not too far enough away memory was his 9th grade paintballing birthday party where my oh-so-early-2000s-sheek bangs were the victim of a bright yellow paintball. I walked around looking like an electrified duck for the rest of the day. Don't worry there are no photos (that I'm willing to share) and we won't be going paintballing this year.

What has been of note this year? Well it seems like most everything! This time last year, all that was going on was a whole heck load of studying for the bar. In between now and then we have had 365 days filled with

laughter,
adventuring,
celebrating our first year of marriage,

holidays,

regular days,

moving,

packing,

house hunting,

Puppy obtaining,

and love.

Andrew thanks for believing that birthdays are important. Thank you for your excitement about life. Thank you for your jokes (80% of the time). Thank you for your kind spirit. Thank you being so much fun. And thank you for being you.

I'm more lucky than I realized 13 years ago!
-S


4 comments:

  1. People who get super excited about birthdays are the best! Happy birthday to your husband :) Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when it's my birthday! Any chance to celebrate something is fine with me. That wedding picture is gorgeous. Love how dramatic the lighting is.
    PS. where are the baby you pictures from 13 yrs ago?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your hubby!! You guys are so cute together and holymoly your wedding dress is gorgeoussssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awhhhh happy birthday to him!!! And can I just say your wedding picture is seriously SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that picture belongs in a magazine!!!!!!!!!!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete