Friday, May 22, 2015

Home is Where the Weiner Dog Is

5 for Friday is out for this week. You know why? 

This guy. Meet Cal Kulha, the newest part of the clan. Our little dachshund shaped piece of coal that melted my tiny-3-sizes-too-small heart so much that we HAD to have him.

Cal came into our life from Andrew's Craigslist stalking, ya know a la the Craigslist killer (possibly the most ridiculous real story turned Lifetime movie that I know of). My dad and I headed up to North Houston to just check these pups out and one look into those puppy eyes and HOW COULD WE NOT!

I know what you're thinking... Shay, you don't have a house, mere days ago all your belongings were trapped in a dusty pod miles and miles away from where you live, AND... Oh it doesn't matter look at this guy.

He needed us to get him. Cal is a 'tweenie' dachshund- meaning he will grow up to be between the standard and miniature size, but right now my shoe is literally larger than him. His paws and nose (yes, it will grow into a real dachshund nose) are brindle, a combo of red and black. He likes to sleep, cuddle, and even the grass is taller than him.


Look at that first family photo... he obviously is just our size. Or we are GARGANTUAN human beings like Buddy the Elf. Now hold on while I get sappy for a moment. Cal definitely did not come at an easy time to have a dog (switching homes every week, new job starting soon, potty training/ shoe chewing issues), but it is the first thing that we have done since we got here that makes Houston feel like our home- and that we aren't just visiting. House hunting requires more patience than I can muster and job hunting/ starting was a little stressful, but now we have this guy to make whatever street corner we inhabit a home. AND HE IS SO CUTE!

See that little red guy there? We also bought his brother... or at least my parents did. So we have a full wiener dog gang.

And one last photo to show you that we are serious about our dachshund obsession...

Wedding dress, bow ties, and hot-dog dogs.

Have a great weekend,
S

2 comments:

  1. OMG! So cute!! If I could use the heart eye emoji, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dachshunds are my FAVOURITE breed!! Please post tons of pictures! He's adorable!!! Congratulations on your new family member :)

    ReplyDelete