Monday, May 11, 2015

Do Mondays Count When Your Whole Life Is A Weekend?

Well not for much longer, because (drum roll, please) I have accepted a job here in Houston! I am so pleased that after about 1729937456 interviews for a position I applied for in February I will no longer be counting the days by what TV shows are on that evening! Funemployment was not as much fun as I thought it would be, but moving across country is stressful so maybe that was why. I am excited for this new position and will be starting in a couple weeks, so until then I need to fill up on as much excitement as possible. The new job is a challenge that I am looking forward to and my tasks will focus on arts integration into a different industry. Anything where I can advocate for the arts is up my alley, so the opportunity to focus on deepening engagement and integration seems like a perfect fit. More details, I am sure, will come!

But our weekend had some stress as well. We lost the 6th (literally, not exaggerating) house that we have been interested in! Even after putting an offer in the very first day it was on the market, there were other offers and ours was not the most attractive. What does that mean? Beyond the fact that we have literally looked at every house in our target area and price range, it means that more house hunting escapades are yet to come. The only thing that makes this a schmidgen better is that we are home! Our parents have been so incredibly gracious to have us stay with them and we are lucky to be able to have a semi-permanent address (access to a kitchen, running water, and real bed) while we play roulette with the housing market.

Speaking of parents, MOTHER'S DAY was this weekend! How was yours? Wonderful. I hope. I am an absolute sap, but it was special to be at HOME for Mother's Day this year. While my mom was out of town, we spent a wonderful day with Andrew's mom and it makes me so grateful that she raised him. I'm lucky that he had such a wonderful mom and it was nice to be able to be able to celebrate her. One of my sister's helped make a brunch the evening before and we spent the day at church, eating, house hunting, and more. We were able to sneak in a mini-photo shoot in their backyard and here are a couple of the photos- sans people (those need some editing). Their backyard is INCREDIBLE -basically an orchard in a neighborhood. Grapefruit, orange, avocado, olive, peach trees and more make it beautiful and tasty all at once. 




And some dog pics, because she is even prettier now that she is older.


How did you celebrate Mother's Day? By taking photos of dogs... figures.
-S

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations girl!! That is such wonderful news!! I'm sorry to hear that the offer wasnt accepted - this housing market is no joke!!! Hope you have a great start to your week!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your job! & yay for living with parents while you figure out your housing situation. I'll be in the same boat next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! But boo about the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news about the job and to be doing something you love! So sorry in the house, but things are in the upswing so maybe the next one it IT!! :-) Lovely pics and have a lovely day!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how hot the housing market is over there! Congrats on your job though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new job! I remember thinking funemployment would be so awesome...but I ended up being so. darn. bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyy congrats on the new job, that's amazing news! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating house hunt, but look at it this way.. the right house is still out there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the job! And one that will challenge you, too! The ones that wouldn't aren't worth it! It's only a matter of time before your announcing a new home too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new job! I believe in fate so the right house is still out there! Happy house hunting :-)

    ReplyDelete