Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend of Goodbyes

Last run on the beach...

Wow! What a different feeling at the end of this weekend... instead of going back to work tomorrow, this will be my first week of (f)unemployment. What will I do? Move. Oh... I guess that isn't that fun, but it is something different!

Friday was my last day at work and it was a doozy! A lot of feelings were had (mostly by me) leaving after 2 and a half years. My (old) job was definitely challenging, but I will absolutely miss it. Not just the work, but the co-workers and mentors and incredible artists that I got the pleasure to work with daily. I was altogether an emotional mess; they're probably grateful I left!. So over the next few days instead of going to work, I have a couple sweet interviews lined up and look forward to finding the NEXT job that I will (hopefully) find just as rewarding. By the time I made it home on Friday, I was so tired that all we did was drink some celebratory champs, eat take out, and watch murder shows on TV while packing. LIVING THE LIFE, y'all. It is ok to think my life is incredibly glamorous.

Saturday was a rat race of major proportions... We started the morning by picking up a u-haul (glamorous) and moving all our furniture into a pod for moving. Then we got home. Do you know how large your house looks with NO furniture. It is crazy! You feel like its a mansion- albeit a very uncomfortable, barren, and not actually that large mansion, but a mansion! We didn't have time to lounge around in the lap of luxury though because our going away party was that night! I totally failed and didn't take ANY photos on my camera, but it was so much fun. A great opportunity to get our closest pals together for the emptying of our liquor cabinet making of memories. I snagged some easy party decorations at Party CIty in the afternoon and it was the least stressful party we've ever hosted. I loved it- no planning should go into any party. But we did run out of food. Oooops. Ok, maybe SOME planning should go into parties. It was a great night and I only cried once (that is good for me while saying goodbyes!). I am so grateful for these friends that we've made out here and feel lucky to have gotten one last celebration in!

Sombreros for the win! Also- nice staches.
The big balloons hid our sad, blank walls!

Sunday morning I didn't wake up quite as bring and chipper as normally, but nothing that a nice long walk and bagel the size of my face didn't fix. Andrew and I have had this routine every Sunday since we got married to head to early Mass then treat ourselves to bagels (calories don't count before 8am on weekends?). It was nice to have one last carbo loading session and even nicer when you can come back to your empty house, lay on an air mattress (the only furniture in the house), and watch Game of Thrones. A couple hours later I headed out to the beach to meet some of my best gals for a beach walk and brewery girl session. How did I get so lucky to convince these girls to be my friend? We ended up at Belmont Brewery. This was the restaurant Andrew and I went to on the FIRST weekend I lived in California, so it was great to be able to hit up the same local spot on my LAST weekend here. Nice symmetry and even nicer amber ales.

In the future, brushed air might be a good idea for public photos. Might be... No promises!

Emotionally exhausted- heck yes. Solution- fall asleep on said air mattress and wake up at 7pm completely wired. And that is where we are!  A weekend full of moving, goodbyes, good friends, and good beer. I'm`100% emotionally exhausted (part of that could be from watching the RHOA reunion), but so grateful for the wonderful whirlwind that was our last weekend in CA!

Off to finishing packing and cleaning our little home. Anyone want to switch lives (only if yours involves eating bon bons and watching TV all day- oh and I would like to bring my husband too)? Let me know!

Have a great week,
S


11 comments:

  1. Lots of changes for you but all good ones!!! Happy packing girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need all the packing help possible :)!

      Delete
  2. Glad the last minute party prep went good. Now onto bigger and better things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good attitude- thanks for the positive vibes!

      Delete
  3. What a weekend! That's a lot going on.

    When do you move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THURSDAY! It is coming sooner and sooner and sooner- AHHH!

      Delete
  4. What a weekend! That's a lot going on.

    When do you move?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your party was great! Hurray for minimal planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evelina! It was such a relief and SO MUCH fun!

      Delete
  6. What a weekend of goodbyes for you! I'd be an emotional wreck too by the end of it :) Good luck with all of your moving this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chesson! Moments were tough, but I was surprised that I wasn't as much of a mess as I could have been :)

      Delete