Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Roadtrip- Texas or Bust

Roadtrip!!! Anyone else think of this when they hear that?


Legally Blonde-Roadtrip
Via

Just me? You are all liars and your mothers would be embarrassed. Just kidding, that is mean, BUT COME ON IT IS A 'CLASSIC' quote!

Anyways, I am officially avoiding all my real responsibilities and planning our 'Texas or Bust' roadtrip! You may remember I just got back from finishing a whirlwind of a 23 hour Texas roadtrip with my mamacita a couple weeks ago, but this one will be a little more laid back. Instead of just shy of 2 days, we have 4- possibly 5- days to meander on over to the Lone Star State. Instead of struggle bus-ing through the drive (like we are doing with our current move), Andrew and I get the awesome opportunity to enjoy the process, stop at ridiculous road side tourist traps, and enjoy not having a moving clock ticking louder and louder in our ears.

We leave late, late on Thursday night, but I thought you may enjoy hearing a bit more about our roadtrip itinerary- and even better yet ANY suggestions on places we should stop and see!


Day 1-

California Home to Phoenix, Arizona- Ok, you don't need to suggest any pit stops along this way! We will be heading out after a full day of work, meeting with our landlord, and GOODNESS KNOWS STILL PACKING. Hopefully this will be a leisurely (hahaha LA/OC traffic is the worst) drive to get to Phoenix and then we will just pass out within 10 seconds of closing the door. BUT if you know of any must-stop breakfast places in Phoenix lemme know!


Day 2-

Via
Phoenix to the Grand Canyon- Yep, we are dusting off our trusty camping gear from our Chilean adventure and seeing the Grand Canyon for the FIRST time! I feel like this whole experience will be overwhelmingly amazing and possibly tinted by one of my favorite dad stories- his never ending wish to 'ride a jackass to the bottom of the Grand Canyon'- we all can have goals right?!? We will be camping on the South Rim and would love to do some day hiking. Check the photo link for 5 hikes I found in the Grand Canyon.




Day 3-

Such a sports fan!

Grand Canyon to Albuquerque to Lubbock?- This day is pretty uncertain. All that is certain is that I need to go see an especially-special cousin of mine (look at that gorgeous sleeping face) for lunch. He is charged for finding us delicious food (I'm going to guess that camping will not necessarily provide this for us the night before) and the entertainment (never fails). My cousin, Will, was a life saver in college and due to a certainly-special lady friend of his, we are so lucky to see him as often as we do.  After this last of what-seems-like-one-million-goodbyes, we will be back on the road to Texas. 


Day 4-

Lubbock to Home (Houston)- Going from one home and then coming back to our original homes (Andrew and I grew up 4 miles apart) will certainly take a while, but what a relief it will be to finally be back! Right now, it is so easy to focus on the sad, negative feelings associated with the move, but this WILL be a wonderful move for us. I think we will both release a big sigh and start focusing on all the positive aspects of the change after one Shiner beer into being a Texan again.

And I will get to see these two beauties when we get home, so what is not to love?



What places would you recommend stopping at? Any roadtrip secrets or candy I should try?

Happy Wednesday!
-S



9 comments:

  1. I love a good roadtrip! Sounds like it should be a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- sounds like the Grand Canyon hiking would be right up your alley!

      Delete
  2. Pretty much every time someone says the word "roadtrip" that gif runs through my mind! Good luck on the start of the journey tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I would love to see the Grand Canyon again. The last time I was there I was 5 years old and I can barely remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, love the gif.

    Wow, I'm so jealous of you! I've been jonesing for a good ol' fashioned road trip for awhile now!! And I love that SW so much. I hope you'll share pics.

    And lol, my little brother fell asleep in Wrigley Stadium one time and I never let him live it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My go-to road trip snack is (and ALWAYS will be) chili-cheese Fritos.

    I'm so jealous of your Grand Canyon time! I'd kill for a little bit of that!

    ReplyDelete